Disney really is the happiest place on earth! And now, it's even happier for people who eat plant-based. Early this week, Disney announced that they plan to add more than 400 vegetarian and vegan menu items at Walt Disney World (Florida) and Disneyland (California).
According to Disney, the move to a vegan Disney was in response to customer demand. “We’re always looking for ways to bring more flavor, innovation, and creativity to the Disney dining experience–and guest feedback is first on the menu when we evolve our menus and develop new dishes. Our guests have embraced our plant-based offerings at our parks around the globe, inspiring us to expand our menu."
Some dishes are current recipe items and others will be new dishes, which will make for a ton of options for everyone to choose from!
“These fun and flavorful options are made from plant-based ingredients, like vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes—and are made without animal meat, dairy, eggs, or honey,” the company said.
All new plant-based dishes will be marked with a green leaf icon. Here are just a few that we're excited to try!
- Steamed Asian Dumplings from Le Cellier (plant-based meat, bok choy, Chinese long beans, red peppers, and radish in an Asian broth)
- Shiriki Noodle Salad from Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen (noodles, edamame beans, mushrooms, green mango, cucumber, and sweet chili sauce)
- Felucian Garden Spread from Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo (plant-based kefta, herb hummus, tomato-cucumber relish, and pita)
- Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl from Satu’li Canteen (tofu, chili spice, vegetable slaw, boba balls, and a choice of base and sauce)
- Plant-Based Cashew Cheesecake from California Grill
- A few classics are the Falafel Fritters at Captain Grills Yacht Club Resort, vegan pizza at Pinnochio's House in the Magic Kingdom, Pineapple Dole Whip, and Mickey pretzels.
According to Disney, the changes will come to Walt Disney World starting October 1 and Disneyland in the spring of 2020.
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!