Bolognese is a delicious Italian classic that is easily enjoyable on a chilly, autumn night. While most who've had it love it, not everybody has the time to sit and simmer a pot for 4 hours (and if you do - invite us over for dinner sometime!). So we did what we do best and found this simple bolognese sauce and recipe from Gia de Laurentiis, a famous Italian chef from the Food Network. Oh and guess what? We made it vegan. It's easy, it's delicious, and it's perfect when you need a warm weeknight meal in under 30 minutes.
*This recipe was modified from Gia de Laurentiis' famous Simple Bolognese from the Food Network.
1 box of Banza Chickpea Penne, Chickpea Linguine, or pasta of choice
1/4 cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 lb. Beyond Meat® Beyond Beef, ground beef
1 (28-ounce) can of crushed tomatoes, or tomato paste, tomato sauce (Rao's Homemade)
1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chiffonade
8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated Violife Just Like Parmesan Cheese Wedge
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Once heated, add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onions become very soft and tender - about 8 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrot and saute - about 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high and add the Beyond Meat ground beef. Saute until cooked - about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, and basil and cook over medium-low heat until the sauce thickens - about 1/2 hour. Finish bolognese with Violife Just Like Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make this, make sure to post on your social media and tag @mylkguys! We'd love to see what you think.
Shop the plant-based foods in this recipe at Mylk Guys!
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!