Homemade vegan rice crispy treats are seriously one of our favorite sweet treats of all time! They're super easy to make and remind us of our childhood (oh, the memories). We can't get over how adorable these yummy pumpkin rice crispies are and how simple they are to make! But we must warn you... if you make them, you're going to get messy (very, very messy). But, you're going to have a ton of fun.
Total time to deliciousness? 20 minutes. Read more below!
- Non-stick baking spray
- 8 tbsp. Melt Organic rich & creamy butter, divided
- 1 drop Supernatural orange food coloring
- 1 drop Supernatural purple food coloring (because purple stems are fun)
- 6 cup Dandies vegan marshmallows, divided (mini pumpkin marshmallows available too!)
- 6 cup puffed vegan rice cereal
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips (semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, or both!)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray (pro tip: reduce your waste by forgoing parchment paper!).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter on the stovetop. Add 2 cups of marshmallows and stir in purple food coloring. Stir until marshmallows are melted, then turn off the heat and add 2 cups puffed crispy cereal. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- In another saucepan over low heat, melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Add 4 cups of marshmallows and stir in orange food coloring. Stir until marshmallows are melted, then turn off the heat and add the rest of the puffed crispy cereal. Mix until combined.
- Let cool until treats reach room temperature.
- Dampen hands and press ooey-gooey mixture into a pan, alternating to create three thin horizontal stripes of purple and larger horizontal stripes of orange.
- Use a 2.5" pumpkin cookie cutter to cut out cute pumpkin shapes.
- Melt 1/2 cups of chocolate with 2 tsp of butter. Let cool before adding to piping bag. Use to make eyes and mouth.
- Serve and enjoy!
*keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
If you make this, make sure to post on your social media and tag @mylkguys!
Shop the plant-based foods in this recipe at Mylk Guys! (All items listed here are dairy-free, gluten-free, and nut-free on our site)
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!