Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and though we’ve been preparing all month long for the perfect Thanksgiving dinner menu, it still feels like the holiday crept upon us! Guess there’s really no way to be full prepared for anything, is there? 😅 Tell us - did you volunteer to bring a side dish to your Friendsgiving dinner (or gasp, to host your very own feast) this year, but haven’t prepped?! Don’t worry... most of us are on the same boat, so hey, welcome to the last-minute’s club!
We thought it would be fun to share a light and easy Thanksgiving Persimmon and Brie Crostini appetizer that you can whip up in 15 minutes or less. And thank goodness for Martha Stewart because though her Persimmon and Brie Crostini appetizer recipe looks super fancy, it's actually really easy to make (no one will know it was a last-minute decision!). Bonus points for being a finger food - aka no extra dishes to wash, because that’s important, right?
- Food For Life Sprouted Whole Grain Bread, halved (16 slices) *can also use O'doughs Sesame Bagel Thins
- 8 oz The Uncreamery Classic Brie or other vegan cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 persimmons, peeled, halved and thinly sliced crosswise (16 slices) *they’re in season - so get them at your local grocery store, now!
- 2 tsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Cane Sugar
- Freshly ground cracked pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place slices of bread on a 9in. x 12in. baking sheet. Toast on the middle rack until dry and lightly golden, 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Top each piece of baguette with 1 slice of Brie, 1 slice of persimmon, and a sprinkle of sugar (about 1/8 teaspoon each). Broil on top rack until sugar melts and cheese begins to bubble, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the ground cracked pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
And there’s more where that came from! 😆 From Wild Mushroom-Bacon Sourdough Stuffing and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon to Holiday Pumpkin Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Pumpkin 'Pie' Donut (it's a Holiday Exclusive!) we’ve got all the Thanksgiving Recipes and Ideas you’ll need to satisfy your guests, vegan or not. There are even gluten-free options!
We'd love to see what you think of this fall-inspired appetizer! If you decide to create this delicious dish, share it with us on social media by tagging @mylkguys!
Shop the plant-based foods in this recipe at Mylk Guys!
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!*photo credit: MarthaStewart.Com