Brussels sprouts are taking their place at the holiday dinner table and we're so here for it! 🙌🏼 To be honest, all you need to do is drizzle a bit of lemon and they'll be the star of the show, but what can we do to possibly make them taste better? Bacon - and lots of it.
If you ask us, Brussels sprouts and bacon are meant to be together and this recipe is dedicated to anyone who is convinced otherwise. After one bite, you'll be wondering, "how can vegetables taste so good?!"
*This recipe was modified from Rachael Ray's Brussels Sprouts with Bacon from the Food Network.
3 slices Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon, chopped
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 1/2 pounds Woodstock Frozen Petite Brussels Sprouts
1 cup Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside.
2. Add vegan olive oil to a heated pan. Add chopped shallots and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and coat well in oil already in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook Brussels sprouts for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add broth and cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, or until they are soft and tender.
5. Place Brussel sprouts on a plate or serving dish. Top with crispy bacon. Optional: squeeze with a bit of lemon juice or drizzle on balsamic vinegar. Can even drizzle on cranberry sauce or top with pecans and fried onions for a more festive feel.
6. Serve and enjoy!
We'd love to see what you think of this Brussels sprouts recipe side dish! If you decide to create this side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner, share it on social media and tag us @mylkguys!
Shop the plant-based foods in this recipe at Mylk Guys!
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!