We're so into pot pies during this time of year and this vegan pot pie recipe came just in time! These super savory, veggie-packed vegan pot pies can be ready in less than 30 minutes; no pie crust or baking dish needed! Just pop everything on the stove and you're good to go.
Traditionally, vegan pot pies are made with a vegan chicken but you could also use seitan, baked tofu, or simply leave it out and load it up with veggies. Whatever you choose, this comfort food is good either way!
*This recipe was modified from Rachel Ray's Mug Pie Soup from the Food Network.
1 pack of Mama Biscuit's Gourmet Biscuits Buttermilk Biscuits
Sweet paprika, for sprinkling
16oz Tofurky Lightly Seasoned Slow Roasted Chick'n
3 tbsp Melt Organic Rich & Creamy Butter
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
2 tsp Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup Cascadian Farm Organic Root Vegetable Hashbrowns
2 cups Ripple Foods Original Plant-Based Half & Half (can be replaced almond milk, cashew or soy milk)
4 cups vegetable broth or Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg, a healthy grating
1 cup Woodstock Frozen Petite Green Peas (can be replaced with green beans, carrots, or chickpeas)
Pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle paprika on biscuits and warm them up in the oven or microwave.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add vegan butter and sauté Tofurky Chick'n for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Can replace vegan butter with olive oil if you prefer.
- Add veggies and season with salt, black pepper, and nutritional yeast seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and let dissolve for one minute. Add potatoes, then whisk in half-and-half or cream and vegan or vegetable stock. Add nutmeg.
- Bring soup to a boil by raising the heat, then turn the heat back to simmer and cook soup another 10 minutes. Add peas and let them warm up - about one minute.
- Add pot pie filling to mugs and top off with your warmed biscuits.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you make this, make sure to post on your social media and tag @mylkguys! We'd love to see what you think.
Shop the plant-based foods in this recipe at Mylk Guys!
*Vegan pot pie photo credits: The Minimalist Baker
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!