Want something warm to feed your soul? How about a simple but hearty stovetop chili loaded with plant-based beef, beans, and flavor? Can be made in minutes with delicious ingredients found at home, this is the perfect bowl to serve on a simple Meatless Monday or at your next game day event! Check out our version of Ree Drummond's best chili recipe, made vegan!
*This recipe was modified from Ree Drummond's famous perfect, simple chili from the Food Network.
2 pounds Beyond Meat® Beyond Beef
2 cloves garlic, chopped
One 8-ounce can Rao's Homemade tomato sauce
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground oregano
A pinch of salt
A pinch of pepper
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
One 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (try Cascadian Farm Organic Frozen Black Beans)
One 15-ounce can Field Day Organic pinto beans, drained and rinsed
Extra toppings for serving: Follow Your Heart Shredded Cheddar, Good Karma plant-based sour cream, Casa Sanchez tortilla chips, chopped yellow onions, lime wedges, cilantro, avocado, and hot sauce
- Turn stove on medium heat and place the Beyond Meat® Beyond Beef ground beef in a large pot. Toss in some garlic and cook until nice and golden brown.
- Pour in tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Stir together and watch all the ingredients mix into a warm and hearty melody. Cover, then reduce to low heat. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add 1/2 cup water at a time as needed.
- Place cornmeal in a bowl with 1/2 cup of water. Mix well to make a cornmeal paste.
- Pour the cornmeal mixture in the chili and mix well. Add more cornmeal paste water to get the chili to your preferred consistency, or to add more corn flavor.
- Add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, plant-based sour cream, tortilla chips, chopped yellow onions, lime wedges, cilantro, avocado, and hot sauce. Enjoy!
Of course, make sure you serve this with a warm and crispy vegan cornbread! Recipe here! If you make this, make sure to post on your social media and tag @mylkguys! We'd love to see what you think.
Shop the plant-based foods in this recipe at Mylk Guys!
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!