Hosting a vegan Thanksgiving for the first time? Inviting a plant-based eater over for dinner? Not sure what to make? Ahhh, don't freak out just yet.
We know that preparing what's supposed to be the biggest meal of the year is no joke. Between checking all the ingredients to make sure it's really vegan to pleasing everyone's tastebuds, there are so many details to look over. To help you get through your Thanksgiving feast stress-free, we put together this easy shopping list of all the things you need to buy. Whether you have vegan guests for your Thanksgiving dinner or are looking to try something new, we've got you covered for the big day.
Now, all you have to think about is the table setting. So, who's sitting next to the pumpkin pie?
For the Fridge
- Holiday Roast stuffed with cranberry sauce and wild rice.
- Or, enjoy a traditional Tofurky Holiday Feast that can easily be heated up in a roasting pan.
- Not a fan of the Thanksgiving turkey? Try this Celebration Roast instead (looks great as a centerpiece too!).
- Vegan Ham Roll drizzled with a plum and apricot glaze. Mmmmh. 😛
- Sausages for stuffing that demands some serious attention.
- Eggs or powered eggs are great for making stuffing, frittatas, and other baked things.
- Bacon, because who doesn't love bacon wrapped asparagus?
- Butter, the ultimate topper for your biscuits and dinner rolls.
- Heavy Cream for decadent dishes, sumptuous soups, and rich desserts.
- Milk, because you need make this ultra-smooth mashed pottgatoes dish.
- Cheese and plenty of it to recreate this-is-to-good-to-be-true mac & cheese recipe. Pro tip: top with bread crumbs!
For the Freezer
- Carrots that can be roasted, spiced, maple glazed, or added to salads. The ideas are endless!
- Brussel Sprouts drizzled with some balsamic vinegar? Yes, please!
- Sweet Potatoes that prove that you can have your carbs and vegetables in one bite. Can also be used for a sweet potato casserole.
- Frozen Petite Green Peas to be brown-buttered or garlic roasted, of course.
- Cauliflower mashed with sour cream, butter, garlic salt and pepper for a super-easy side dish.
- And because we need creamed corn that can be made easily on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.
For the Pantry
- Sourdough bread with a deliciously tangy taste that goes with everything, especially this vegan stuffing.
- Biscuits because you need something warm and crispy to soak up all the gravy with.
- Cornbread = a great side dish served along with a green bean casserole!
- No chicken, chicken stock is a must-have for gravy, stuffing, and tons of other dishes.
- Last but not least, a Pumpkin Spice Cheezecake to end the night. Ahem, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, please!
Doing last-minute shopping? Pick up everything in see here in one place on Mylk Guys!
Shop the plant-based foods on this list here:
Mylk Guys is an all-vegan online grocery store on a mission to make it easy to eat plant-based. We carry over 1,000 vegan products and deliver nationwide with 2-day shipping. Find classic vegan foods or discover new favorites here!